Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Next Project

This is a blanket my Great Grandmother made for me when I was...I think...14? Give or take a year. She made My sister, Haddi, and I blankets but in a small more toddler friendly size when we were...toddlers. My mom says she still has them. This one though....is my blankie! I use it all the time My sister, on the other hand, has never used hers afraid it will wear out.It's a pretty simple quilt..... a pc of cotton fabric backed with a pc of super soft fleece like cotton fabric with a thin pc of polyester batting  tacked together by hundreds of little hand knotted yarn threads(you can see the tacks all over in the picture) and every stich of sewing was done by hand....Love went into this!!


Unfortunately, my kids were not able to get to know my grandma and she wasn't able to make them blankets before she past away.. So, I took my kids to Hancock Fabrics yesterday and let them pick out the patterns and colors just like my sister and I did over 12 years ago!! I'm excited to get these done! I am going to use a sewing machine so I will be cheating a little, but Just as much love will be put into these blankets as my grandma put into mine.



I spent a couple hours of my day washing and ironing the material and It's ready to use!!! So hopefully I will remember to take pictures of the Journey Of Quilting and most of maybe I will remember to Blog! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment